FreeBar needs Windows 95, 98, Me, NT 4.0 (Service Pack 3 or later), 2000, XP or Vista.
Here you can download an Installation package and the Source Code of FreeBar.
The Installation package contains FreeBar in english and german and you just need to install it.
The Source Code is only intended for Developers. You can read more about it at the Development page.
FreeBar 0.9.2.7 - Installation Package
FreeBar 0.9.2.7 - Source Code
You find all downloads on the SourceForge Download page.
Missing System Components
Frequently asked questions
If I click on a button of the toolbar, nothing happens. How do I solve this problem?
This indicates a corrupted registration of shortcuts (LNK files).
To solve this problem, please download the following REG file: FreeBar-lnk-fix.reg
Then double-click on this file and in the appearing dialog, click on Yes. After that FreeBar should work properly again.
Version 0.9.2.7 (01-28-2008)
- Bug fixed: You could make invalid Inputs in the Dialog Add Internet Address.
- Bug fixed: Since 0.9.2.6, an Error Message was shown, when you dragged a File directly onto the Toolbar.
Version 0.9.2.6 (11-30-2007)
When you do Changes in the Customize Dialog, the Toolbar will only be reloaded entirely in rare cases now.
This makes some Operations faster and fixes some Bugs.
- Bug fixed: When adding the first Toolbar, FreeBar could crash in some cases.
- Bug fixed: When deleting Separators, FreeBar could crash in some cases.
- Bug fixed: If you have not added a Button or Toolbar yet, FreeBar could crash when pressing certain Keys or clicking the Lists.
Version 0.9.2.5 (08-26-2007)
- Bug fixed: If you had set an own Toolbar Position and then changed the Screen Resolution, the FreeBar Toolbar could have been placed outside the Screen Area.
- While FreeBar is running, it will not create a temporary File anymore.
- The Dir Parameter of a Toolbar File now supports Environment Variables.
Version 0.9.2.4 (08-02-2007)
- Bug fixed: FreeBar 0.9.2.3 already set an absolute Position, when you clicked on the Toolbar. This is now done only if you move the Toolbar.
- Bug fixed: Since FreeBar 0.9.2.2, the Application crashed when you first renamed a Button and then tried to move it.
- Bug fixed: In older FreeBar Versions, the Application crashed when you first renamed a Button or Toolbar and then tried to add an Entry with the previous Name.
- In older FreeBar Versions, it was not possible to change only the case when renaming an Entry. This is now possible.
- If you did not select an Entry in the Buttons or Toolbar List, the appropriate Buttons for changing an Entry will be disabled now.
- Buttons and Toolbars can now be deleted faster.
- Code Simplifications
Version 0.9.2.3 (07-15-2007)
- You can now move the Toolbar to another Position
Version 0.9.2.2 (05-29-2007)
- Buttons are moved faster now
- Bug fixed: Since FreeBar 0.9.2 the Preview Toolbar has not been updated, when you switched the current Toolbar in the Customize Dialog
Version 0.9.2.1 (05-12-2007)
- Added a Refresh Button to the C Menu
- Bug fixed: On some systems, the Toolbar was not positioned, when you started FreeBar
- Bug fixed: When using FreeBar 0.9.2, a wrong Icon was displayed in the Task-Manager
Version 0.9.2 (03-16-2007)
FreeBar is now Open-Source, licensed under the GPL
Therefore the whole code has been revised and commented
- The translations are stored in language files, therefore it is easily to translate FreeBar into other languages
- Added a help file
- You can define a custom button size from 10 to 96 Pixels
- Multiple FreeBar Profiles for different Users can now be created
- New Dialog Add Special Shortcut for adding Shortcuts to Windows System Folders or special Microsoft Office Tasks
- New Dialog Add Internet Address for adding Shortcuts to Internet Addresses
- You can now drag and drop Shortcuts onto the Toolbar to add them
- Improved Compatibility under restricted User Accounts and under Windows Vista
- The Toolbar will be repositioned automatically after you changed the Display Resolution
- Bug fixed: If you had multiple active Toolbars, some Toolbar Buttons were not displayed in some cases
- Bug fixed: In older FreeBar versions, the QuickInfos were not displayed if the FreeBar Window did not have the Focus
- Performance Improvements
- New FreeBar Icon
Version 0.9.1.5 (11-20-2005)
- Fixes the flickering of the toolbar
- Fixes a bug (sometimes the toolbar appears at the wrong position)
- Fixes a translation error
Version 0.9.1.4 (06-28-2004)
- Fixes a translation error
Version 0.9.1.3 (05-22-2004)
- Fixes two more translation error
Version 0.9.1.2 (05-19-2004)
- Improved version control
- Fixes translation error
Version 0.9.1.1 (05-08-2004)
- Fixes some fatal errors
Version 0.9.1 (05-07-2004)
- You can switch between several toolbars
- Toolbars can be signed with icons
- You can change the color between the seperators of the toolbars
- Fixes errors
Version 0.9 (03-16-2004)
- Initial release